Time really does fly!

Well they say that time flies, it most definitely does!

 

Hello old friend, it has been a while, how's life you might ask? Well pull up a chair and I will tell you...now where do I start; it has been 3 years...

 

Firstly, the covid debacle has ended, had it twice and lived to tell the tale, it wasn't nice but I got over it...well physically, mentally...it's going to take some time because it really did take my balance away that I fought so hard to achieve. I think my trust in much of the human race kind of left the building and left us with war and greed, don't get me wrong, there are a lot of good people in the world, but life has definitely changed.

 

I kinda lost myself, not sure I will ever get her back again but I'm trying to find her because she's in there somewhere. Anyways, back to covid, it didn't really impact my MS other than make me really fatigued and extremely achy so that's a win. Passed a uni module, started a uni module and deferred but qualified as HLTA which opened the door for me to cover classes and begin my teaching journey, bonus as I got to teach Greek and Roman history! I love classical studies, especially mythology, I was in my element!

 

Took my beauts to their first festival, the atmosphere was amazing and Placebo were fantastic! Finally got to take them abroad as well for the first time to the beautiful, Greek island of Crete, nothing to do with the Minotaur myth and architecture at all lol! It was gorgeous, we swam with the fishes in the crystal, clear Aegean Sea, built sandcastles in the white sands and explored Knossos Palace. There was no maze, much to my disappointment however, it turns out the Minotaur maze was the palace rooms and the fact you could get lost in there. Now how the Minotaur came to be, well that was a revelation, those meddling Greek gods ha-ha! Finished the year with taking my daughter r to what was possibly her last Santa visit, which was magical and emotional because life is truly passing us by so very quickly. You don't see the lasts coming with your children but when they do, it hits you like a ton of bricks.

 

 

 

Started uni again, I have literally winged it this year, life just got so busy and complicated. Although my MS was stable, which is good news right? I was told I needed to slow down, now this is me, to cope with my diagnosis I have to keep busy, besides my MS doesn't control me?! How wrong was I...between work, life, uni, raising my munchkins and my son possibly having an auto immune disease, which has been ongoing for a couple of years  and helping him deal with that at only 15, I forgot about looking after me. Months of everyone warning me to slow down and me, pushing everything aside, and the ever growing mental load, my MS took me down with the worst case of fatigue and brain fog I have ever experienced. No walks with my music, not seeing my friends nor enjoyment in the things I love, just surviving and trying to keep myself afloat for the munchkins. Angry is an understatement, I feel lost and mostly guilty, like I've let a lot of people down, especially my munchkins because to them, I am strong, and I am a fighter none of which I feel at the moment.

 

Those that know me, know that I am an optimistic, I look for the positives, this is the darkness of MS, but I guess I have a choice, I either let it keep me this dark hole or haul my arse out of it? For myself and my munchkins, I know exactly which path I'm taking...it's a blip and my record for getting back up is 100%. Besides, life is for living and I have the biggest supporters in my corner...come on MS you need to do more than this to keep me down!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life is a risk and then you die!