Snow Days!




Hands up
who has enjoyed the snow this week?  Pretty sure a lot of you won’t, some of you will be muttering to yourselves: that it's too cold; we can't get to school or to work; a lot of you would be sat next to a warm fire with a cup of coffee or tea, me I'd go for the wine personallyπŸ™ˆ, or for most people with MS, it hurts!

I'll hold my hand up with the last one except I couldn't wait for it to be here!

Whilst sat in the classroom, with the children and teachers, looking eagerly and hopefully out of the window as the white flakes fell, that we'd all hear that magic word...SNOWDAY!!

Don't get me wrong, driving in it is no picnic either and unless you really have to, then don't but still how excited was I to get home to my munchkins?! There's something about the snow that brings the child out in me :-). So after a sleepless night, the blizzards were so noisy ha-ha, I dragged my achy body out with a sledge and the munchkins to enjoy the white stuff :-)!

A lot of fellow MSer's would say why bother, stay inside where it's warm, you can't possibly enjoy the snow and cold weather? My answer to that would be, watch me!!! We don't get it very often, and there's nothing like seeing and hearing the smiles of your children as we go down the street on a sledge, making snow angels and chasing mummy around with snowballs, and even playing on the park in -6 degree temperatures, these are the moments that you live for! Enjoy the little things in life right!






Having MS takes away so much already, well it does if you let it but it doesn't have to! I have my bad days but I don't let them take over and bring me down. I'm no different to when I was before I was diagnosed, well maybe a little bit as I choose to not let life pass me by and I smile more,  so I leave you with this question. Do we let it beat us, change who we are and not be happy? Or do we get up, fight and take life by the horns?

I know which one I’d rather do!!
























In The End, We Only Regret The Chances We Didn't Take! (Lewis Caroll)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life is a risk and then you die!

Time really does fly!