Rome wasn't built in a day!

I know it's been a long time since I've written anything, this thing called life kinda takes over lol! It's been an odd year to be fair, my relapse took much longer than expected to recover from, but me being me just soldiers on! Found out my new meds didn't agree with so wasn't on anything for a few months, felt a lot better to be fair but I can thank the sun for that too! I'm one of the lucky ones that fairs better in the warm weather :-)! Have finished my second course of Cladribine, so hopefully, fingers crossed, it knocks it on its knees for a long time!!!



Had an amazing summer, full of hot days, bbqs and amazing times with friends and family, when you have MS you don't want to take life for granted and live it whilst you can, life is like that anyways, as you always seem to put things off and then it passes you by! After finding out I had some rare time to myself and after consulting the bucket list, I booked a trip to Rome, yes Rome! Italy is beautiful in itself, but Rome was truly amazing and full of beautiful architecture and awesome history. So after getting lost in the back streets of Rome, eating my weight in pasta and Pizza and being engulfed in Rome's history and gorgeous buildings, I learned that all roads lead to Rome and it definitely wasn't built in a day! Everyone should travel alone at least some time in their life and I definitely will be doing it again!







I took my two amazing munchkins camping for the first time by myself to the seaside, took a few hours to get there, pitched my own tent and gazebo all by myself and just enjoyed a whole week of crabbing and playing by the sea. The munchkins got to enjoy the freedom around the campsite, which was lovely to watch in itself.

I've ridden rollercoasters, climbed Thorpes Cloud with my 6 year old which for me was a challenge as I had to conquer my fear of heights by doing it myself first! Signed up to uni course as I'm finally thinking of pursuing my dream of being a teacher. I've even joined a gym, well for Body combat, it's good for letting off steam and for keeping me heathy right?!

My year has had a lot of emotional ups and downs, days where all I've wanted to do is hide myself away in my quilt and just cry, days where I've wondered will I be able to fight this? Will I always have the strength to fight it myself?


My answer to my questions is yes...I can do this, I can beat it! Yes I have my blips, but I always smile, and get back up! I realised I'm not facing it alone, I have two amazing and caring children that are always in my corner and cheering me on every step of the way, I have a kind and supporting network of family and friends who step into help when I'm not feeling my best. They say MS is an isolating and lonely illness but it doesn't need to be, you just need to not let it consume you and surround yourself with the right people. So as this year comes to close, I'm closing old chapters and opening new ones with 2019.

So I raise my glass to 2019, may it be filled with love, happiness, good health, adventures and new beginnings!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life is a risk and then you die!

Time really does fly!