Here we go again...

Well where has summer gone, have we even had a summer? The last few months have bought so many smiles and successes, both for me and my munchkins. After submitting my last assignment in May and after my son finished his Sats it was all about crawling to the summer holidays. My daughter went up another stage in swimming, had a fantastic report, she amazes me with her wit and humour and talks for England, now I wonder where she gets that from?! For me, the last school term was such an emotional one as it meant my son would no longer be at Primary school and would be heading to secondary school in September. I think I spent the last two weeks of the summer term in tears, my little boy was not so little more and I realised that this summer maybe was the last of him being my little boy, secondary school was going to be the start of him growing up! He passed his Sats with flying colours which I knew he would do anyways and got a fantastic school report. His leaver's assembly was amazing, he performed an awesome David Attenborough impression which I wish I could share, he had us laughing and smiling and received an outstanding certificate for his Maths. Now I know it's not all about academic achievement, as a parent your biased after all, but him standing up there, confident, smiling and somewhat modest made me realise he was already growing up to be a kind, compassionate and confident young man and I can't wait to watch him grow more as he goes into secondary school.
My son wasn't the only one to get good news, how shocked was I to find out I received a Distinction for my access course?!  After a whole year of meltdowns and wondering whether I could do it with everything else going off, I actually bloody well went and passed! This gave me the confidence and boost I needed to sign up for my degree so watch this space. This summer I have enjoyed a spa and girlie weekend, watched one of my best friends get married, ridden so many rollercoasters and took the munchkins camping to Whitby all by myself. We caught so many pesky crabs they were literally climbing out the bucket and we let them go, went on boat rides, rode a tour bus, paddled in the sea, ate so many ice-creams and chips and roasted so many marsh mellows that I'm surprised that we didn't look like one lol! We even survived one heck of a storm that we had to hold the tent wall up! Summer has been fun, the munchkins have smiled so much it's made me beam!
I guess you're wondering what the point of this post is, how does this in any way reflect to MS? Where are the negatives or the doom and gloom that MS brings? The answer is there are non! I've read so many posts about all the negatives and how dare you live and enjoy life with MS, I can't so how can you? People have a way of letting this huge MS cloud hang over them, that they forget all the good things around them. I'm not in anyway saying that it's not hard because it is, I get so tired some days that I wonder how I function, the change in temperature has a way of making me feel worse that I crave the warm weather to feel good again. The thing is, if I let the fatigue or the change in weather stop me from doing things then I would miss out on so much more than the way MS affects me and I can't live my life like that. Life isn't meant to be easy but it is meant to be enjoyed any way you can!


So here I go into my second year of Cladribine with so much to look forward to, knowing that any side affects it gives me outweighs any negatives, I've got two munchkins to watch grow, a degree to start and a life to live and a bottle of wine or two to look forward to when I've finished my meds so in all honestly, who has time for MS?!

https://www.mstrust.org.uk/a-z/mavenclad-cladribine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life is a risk and then you die!

Time really does fly!